The laser machine operator position safely performs laser cutting for a variety of manufacturing products, which
includes but is not limited to Rings, Jewelry, Medallions, and Coins.
- Perform typical laser cutting operations.
- Select proper cutting programs, and proper fixtures.
- Establish proper stop location, adjust laser beam focal point.
- Make proper set-ups for cutting operations.
- Perform prescribed maintenance as required.
- Perform all dimensional inspections.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to supervisor.
- Must have good communication skills with supervisors and peers.
- May perform a variety of other tasks as production needs require.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1 year of manufacturing experience.
- 1 year of laser operator experience.
- Training in general safety.
- Must have General computer skills. Must be able to navigate systems and programs as needed.
- The ability to speak and read English is a must as all the workorders are in English.
The work environment is an open format with more than one location within the company. Strict rules of
safety must be followed for the protection of the operator and those in general area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have good communication skills. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, stooping, and crouching throughout the day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Continually improve own professional knowledge and skill sets
- Develop and support highly functional and collaborative relationships within the organization
- Continually seek out best-known methods, new ways of thinking and encourage others to do so
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the company’s commitment to quality, continuous improvement and respect for individuals
- Serve as a role model to Company's employees, exhibiting behaviors consistent with our values
- Constructively participate in annual reviews and regular 1:1's with your supervisor
- Support performance management by:
- Ensuring clarity on how your work contributes to the achievement of our goals
- Providing feedback to your supervisor throughout the year
- Pursuing training and development
- Aligning actions with core values, vision, mission, and strategic goals
- Clearly communicate expectations to stakeholders
- Engage in and support cross-training process and succession planning
- Participate in daily standup meeting with team